Through our corporate nominee sponsorship program, you can enjoy full beneficial ownership and complete financial and operational control, up to 100%.

Mainland Company Set Up

Locating a Sponsor in the UAE Everything You Need to Know

For many first-time entrepreneurs in this region, a common question is whether they need a local sponsor or nominee shareholder in Dubai. The answer to this question varies depending on various factors, such as your nationality and the type of business you plan to set up.

If you’re a non-Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) national and want to establish a business with a commercial or industrial license on the UAE mainland, then you’ll need a local sponsor as a business partner. However, if you’re setting up in a free zone or your business activity falls under a professional services license, you won’t require a local sponsor.

If your business does require a local sponsor, you can seek assistance from Huco Digital. To establish a mainland Limited Liability Company (LLC), you’ll need to own 49% of the company, with the remaining 51% owned by the local sponsor. It’s important to note, however, that profits are not divided along the same lines, and your local partner will have minimal involvement in the day-to-day operations of your company.

Finding a local sponsor in Dubai can be challenging for startups and new entrepreneurs.

What are the main benefits to starting your company in a mainland

Your checklist for mainland business setup in Dubai

Choose your business activity

The first thing to decide before you set up a company in the UAE mainland is the industry in which you will trade. There are thousands of permitted business activities as listed by the Department of Economic Development (DED).

Find ideal location in UAE

There are no location restrictions for businesses operating on the UAE's continental territory. The ideal site will rely on a variety of elements, including your chosen company activity and your budget.

Determine your business legal structure

From a legal standpoint, there are several types of businesses that can be set up by foreign entrepreneurs on the UAE mainland The most common mainland business structure is a Limited Liability Company (LLC).

Obtain a local sponsor or local service agent

If trading under a commercial or industrial licence as an LLC then a local sponsor is required. Your local sponsor can either be a UAE national or a UAE-based company. In both cases, the local sponsor will own 51% of the business.

Request a Quote in 10 Seconds!

Please share the details below & let us call you back

Free Consultation

Schedule a Free Consultation Today with Our Experts.

If you’re looking to establish a business in Dubai, our expert team is here to help. Our business setup services cover everything you need to get your business up and running in one of the world’s most dynamic and thriving commercial hubs.

From registering your company to obtaining the necessary licenses and permits, we have the expertise to guide you through every step of the process. We’ll also provide you with valuable insights on the local business environment, helping you make informed decisions that will position your business for success.

With our extensive network of contacts in Dubai, we can also connect you with the right people and resources to help you grow your business and achieve your goals. 

Call Us Now:

+971 55 536 5560

Contact Via Email:


Request a Quote in 10 Seconds!

Please share the details below & let us call you back